It is on!
After a year of planning and organizing, we are all set to open the doors for Arizona’s Get Outdoors Expo. It all kicks off this Saturday at WestWorld of Scottsdale.
This is year two of this annual event and we have pulled all of the stops.
This expo has been built from the ground up as a FAMILY fun event. There is something here for every member of the family.
Now, there is a reason why we have teamed up with Arizona Game and Fish for this event. They ARE Arizona outdoors. And they are bringing the Arizona outdoors, indoors.
Have you ever wanted to try your hand at archery? Or wanted your family to try it out but just don’t know how to get started? Head on down to the expo and Game and Fish will take it from there. Learn how to shoot with experts, on a 3-D range with one-on-one instruction.
Fight the kid’s summer brain drain and head over to the live animal area. Learn about and watch live native Arizona birds of prey. That’s the first spot my kids are heading.
Want to get the kids fired up about fishing? The key is to show them early success. Head over to the kids’ fishing ponds and watch the kids light up as they pull in their first fish.
The centerpiece of the expo HAS to be the Ultimate Air Dogs.
Your kids will be mesmerized by the athletic ability of these dogs. They get about a five-yard running start and launch off of the platform into a pool.
This is all about distance. It’s simple: The dog that jumps the furthest wins. Yes, it’s just like the long jump in the Olympics, except with cute dogs and big splashes.
And I hope you are ready for the coolest things you will ever do with the kids: mutton busting.
I know it sounds like something you can get arrested for but it is actually loads of fun for the kiddos.
Picture this: Your kids all decked out in bull riding gear. OK, now that I have your attention, the kids will take their cool bull riding gear and head to the chute. When they get there, they will find the animal that they are about to conquer — a sheep.
That’s right. It’s bull riding, except on sheep. How cool is that?
Even if you don’t have kids, just grab some grub from one of our amazing food vendors, grab a seat and enjoy the show!
This is a family-based, Arizona-centered event that will have you making plans to attend next year. Trust me, you’ll be back.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Get Outdoors Unleashed: Jango graduates from hunting school
- Get Outdoors product review: Who makes the best coffee tumbler for outdoors?
- Get Outdoors product review: Assault Hand Paddle
- Why you should be excited about this weekend's Arizona's Get Outdoors Expo
- How to get outdoors and film your experience easily