LAS VEGAS (AP) – Authorities say 200 people were treated for heat problems as temperatures soared at an outdoor concert in Las Vegas.
Clark County spokesman Erik Pappa says about 30 of them were hospitalized for heat-related injuries Friday afternoon at Van Warped Tour at Silverton Casino.
He says most of the others “were essentially provided shade and water and a place to sit down.”
There were no reports of any life-threatening injuries.
As the numbers of people with problems grew, medical workers at the scene called for help from surrounding agencies.
The National Weather Service reported temps of 115 Friday, part of a heat wave affecting several Western states.
The Las Vegas Sun reports that responders aided an additional 35 people with heat problems around the city, including seven taken to hospitals.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night