“I used to complain about not having shoes until I met a man with no feet,” a saying many people may have heard when complaining about something small, but this may be the best example yet.
Braulio Castillo was appealing for a 30 percent disability rating for twisting his ankle during his time in a military prep school. Rep. Tammy Duckworth felt Castillo was just trying to take advantage of the system and she was not having it.
Duckworth lost both legs and remains at risk of losing her arm due to her service in Iraq. Her disability rating for her paralyzed arm is only 20 percent. She spoke from a personal place and defended the rights of veterans who are truly in need of insurance benefits and not those willing to abuse the system.
The actions of Castillo had Duckworth seeing red in honor of those who have defended the red, white and blue.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon