ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) – The FBI says it has arrested a 38-year-old passenger on board a flight from Tokyo to New York that was diverted to Anchorage, and All Nippon Airways said it was because of “unruly behavior.”
The FBI says Nobuya Michael Ochinero was taken into custody after the flight landed early Monday.
FBI agents listed no charges or reasons for the arrest.
The Anchorage Daily News (
http://bit.ly/1iHCNLG) reports Ochinero was on All Nippon Airways Flight 10.
An airlines spokeswoman, Nao Gunji, said by email that the airline is gathering information about the incident but that a male passenger was detained for “unruly behavior” in the cabin.
Ochinero was being held at an Anchorage jail.
Airport manager John Parrott told The Associated Press that the plane later departed for New York.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns