LEMONT, Pa. (AP) – A Pennsylvania teenager with a metal detector has stumbled across a 1962 high school class ring and returned it to its owner.
The Centre Daily Times reports (
http://bit.ly/15c0xOU) 19-year-old Robert Nese says he was searching the ground behind Lemont Elementary School when he made the discovery recently. He found the gold State College Area High School ring buried 8 inches below the grass, with the initials DLT inside the band.
He tracked down a yearbook and found two people with matching initials. On his second try, he found that Donna Tressler had lost the ring playing softball 52 years ago.
She says she had searched the grounds for the ring for years and is floored by Nese’s honesty and hard work at finding her.
Information from: Centre Daily Times,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick