PHOENIX — Two boat ramps at a popular lake east of Phoenix have been closed because of low water levels.
Tonto National Forest officials have shut down ramps at Roosevelt Lake — the Grapevine and Schoolhouse ramps, they announced Monday.
Officials said Roosevelt Lake had dropped to 44 percent capacity and that the two ramps were no longer in water.
The only timetable for the ramps reopening in when there has been enough rain to boost the water to a safe level.
Water enthusiasts can still launch their watercraft at the marina or at the Badger and Ringtail boat ramps at Windy Hill Campground.
Roosevelt Lake is about 80 miles east of Phoenix.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Arizona candidate denies decade-old rape allegation
- Sky Harbor urgent care facility offering free sports physical exams
- Here’s how many DUI arrests occur during average Phoenix-area weekend
- In Arizona, liberals debate forgiving candidate’s moderation