PHOENIX — Two boat ramps at a popular lake east of Phoenix have been closed because of low water levels.
Tonto National Forest officials have shut down ramps at Roosevelt Lake — the Grapevine and Schoolhouse ramps, they announced Monday.
Officials said Roosevelt Lake had dropped to 44 percent capacity and that the two ramps were no longer in water.
The only timetable for the ramps reopening in when there has been enough rain to boost the water to a safe level.
Water enthusiasts can still launch their watercraft at the marina or at the Badger and Ringtail boat ramps at Windy Hill Campground.
Roosevelt Lake is about 80 miles east of Phoenix.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona is worst state in nation for teacher pay, friendliness, studies find
- High temperatures in Phoenix could reach 90-plus degrees this week
- What Trump gets right, wrong about progress on US-Mexico border wall
- Three Arizona comic book stores among top 20 in nation
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times