PHOENIX — Two boat ramps at a popular lake east of Phoenix have been closed because of low water levels.
Tonto National Forest officials have shut down ramps at Roosevelt Lake — the Grapevine and Schoolhouse ramps, they announced Monday.
Officials said Roosevelt Lake had dropped to 44 percent capacity and that the two ramps were no longer in water.
The only timetable for the ramps reopening in when there has been enough rain to boost the water to a safe level.
Water enthusiasts can still launch their watercraft at the marina or at the Badger and Ringtail boat ramps at Windy Hill Campground.
Roosevelt Lake is about 80 miles east of Phoenix.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- National Park Service seeks ways to manage non-native fish in Arizona
- Mexican officials find pot-launching bazooka near Arizona border
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks