MIAMI (AP) – A couple has filed a lawsuit against a South Florida sports bar where a deck collapsed into Biscayne Bay last week.
A 14-page complaint claims Shuckers Bar & Grill in North Bay Village had a duty to properly maintain its property. The complaint was filed in Miami-Dade Circuit Court this week by Reynaldo Reyes and Flavia Guisella Ellemberger.
Officials say about 100 people _ many watching the Miami Heat play the San Antonio Spurs _ were on Shuckers’ wooden deck Thursday night when it gave way. Two dozen people sustained injuries, two of which were serious.
Injury attorney Spencer Aronfeld told The Miami Herald (
http://goo.gl/b1LqP) that Reyes and Ellemberger were on the deck.
Shuckers owner Charles Grentner has refused interview requests. The family released a brief statement expressing remorse.
Information from: The Miami Herald,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food