Most kids plan weeks in advance about what they might do with their birthday money. Those same kids often use that money on the newest toy, or the video game that all of their friends are talking about.
One girl in Detroit used her birthday money in a completely different way. She bought lunch for local police officers.
So she went out and bought food, and she went to the city’s 11th Precinct to bring the officers there bagged meals that included a sandwich, chips, fruit and a cookie.
Detroit officers showed their gratitude by honoring McLaughlin with a badge and an “Officer of the Day” certificate.
— Jason Scott (@JasonScottWWJ) July 9, 2016
Bruce St. James & Pamela Hughes
- 4 men killed in shooting at child’s birthday party in Texas
- Man shot and killed in Laveen Village, suspect on the loose
- Cottonwood man sentenced to 145 years for firing shots at officers
- FBI investigates shooting at national monument in Arizona
- 2018 Phoenix Open raises record-breaking $12.2M for Arizona charities