Most kids plan weeks in advance about what they might do with their birthday money. Those same kids often use that money on the newest toy, or the video game that all of their friends are talking about.
One girl in Detroit used her birthday money in a completely different way. She bought lunch for local police officers.
So she went out and bought food, and she went to the city’s 11th Precinct to bring the officers there bagged meals that included a sandwich, chips, fruit and a cookie.
Detroit officers showed their gratitude by honoring McLaughlin with a badge and an “Officer of the Day” certificate.
— Jason Scott (@JasonScottWWJ) July 9, 2016
- Man shot in Avondale home after argument with neighbor, police say
- Teachers in Arizona hold statewide ‘walk-in’ ahead of potential walkout
- Women were paid $7,300 less than men in Arizona in 2017, study finds
- New photos, video of 2011 Giffords shooting released by FBI
- Prosecutors: Judge made right call in Arizona man’s cartoon contest case