Most kids plan weeks in advance about what they might do with their birthday money. Those same kids often use that money on the newest toy, or the video game that all of their friends are talking about.
One girl in Detroit used her birthday money in a completely different way. She bought lunch for local police officers.
So she went out and bought food, and she went to the city’s 11th Precinct to bring the officers there bagged meals that included a sandwich, chips, fruit and a cookie.
Detroit officers showed their gratitude by honoring McLaughlin with a badge and an “Officer of the Day” certificate.
— Jason Scott (@JasonScottWWJ) July 9, 2016
- Video shows emergency landing of flight from Phoenix to Dallas
- Paradise Valley residents could pay fine if parties get shut down by cops
- Buckeye woman dies after being struck in chest with stray bullet
- Suspect seriously wounded after officer-involved shooting in Phoenix
- Ducey to push K-12 funding, opioid crackdown in Legislature