Most kids plan weeks in advance about what they might do with their birthday money. Those same kids often use that money on the newest toy, or the video game that all of their friends are talking about.
One girl in Detroit used her birthday money in a completely different way. She bought lunch for local police officers.
So she went out and bought food, and she went to the city’s 11th Precinct to bring the officers there bagged meals that included a sandwich, chips, fruit and a cookie.
Detroit officers showed their gratitude by honoring McLaughlin with a badge and an “Officer of the Day” certificate.
— Jason Scott (@JasonScottWWJ) July 9, 2016
- Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving
- At least five dead, multiple hurt in northern California shooting
- Weekly wrap-up: Here are some of the biggest stories of Nov. 5 week
- Scottsdale police identify 2 adults, 2 children killed in murder-suicide
- Woman gets 2 years in prison for defrauding Arizona Medicaid program