Most kids plan weeks in advance about what they might do with their birthday money. Those same kids often use that money on the newest toy, or the video game that all of their friends are talking about.
One girl in Detroit used her birthday money in a completely different way. She bought lunch for local police officers.
So she went out and bought food, and she went to the city’s 11th Precinct to bring the officers there bagged meals that included a sandwich, chips, fruit and a cookie.
Detroit officers showed their gratitude by honoring McLaughlin with a badge and an “Officer of the Day” certificate.
— Jason Scott (@JasonScottWWJ) July 9, 2016
- Arizona Senate hopeful kills mother, uses her death in gun control debate
- Secret Service urging schools to establish teams for campus threats
- Ex-wife of Valley murder suspect tells ‘Dateline’ warning signs started early
- County prosecutors clear Gilbert police in fatal shooting of detention officer
- Officer’s hesitation during Vegas shooting prompts review