Most kids plan weeks in advance about what they might do with their birthday money. Those same kids often use that money on the newest toy, or the video game that all of their friends are talking about.
One girl in Detroit used her birthday money in a completely different way. She bought lunch for local police officers.
So she went out and bought food, and she went to the city’s 11th Precinct to bring the officers there bagged meals that included a sandwich, chips, fruit and a cookie.
Detroit officers showed their gratitude by honoring McLaughlin with a badge and an “Officer of the Day” certificate.
— Jason Scott (@JasonScottWWJ) July 9, 2016
- Students planning March for Our Lives events across Arizona
- Teachers in Phoenix-area schools plan to hold protest Wednesday
- UofA, Kentucky game ranked among hottest tickets in March Madness
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan
- Gov. Doug Ducey to introduce plan to address some school safety issues