Most kids plan weeks in advance about what they might do with their birthday money. Those same kids often use that money on the newest toy, or the video game that all of their friends are talking about.
One girl in Detroit used her birthday money in a completely different way. She bought lunch for local police officers.
So she went out and bought food, and she went to the city’s 11th Precinct to bring the officers there bagged meals that included a sandwich, chips, fruit and a cookie.
Detroit officers showed their gratitude by honoring McLaughlin with a badge and an “Officer of the Day” certificate.
— Jason Scott (@JasonScottWWJ) July 9, 2016
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies shoot armed man west of Phoenix
- Arizonans need to make $107K to be considered ‘rich,’ study finds
- Phoenix-area freeway shut down after shooting suspect takes own life
- Arizona sheriff’s office throws terminally ill boy birthday party
- Arizona sheriffs honor Flake for baseball shooting response