BALTIMORE (AP) – The National Weather Service says it has confirmed that three tornadoes touched down in Maryland.
In a statement posted on its website Tuesday afternoon, the weather service says the tornadoes touched down Monday in Fork, Baltimore and Coltons Point. All three were rated EF-0.
The tornado in Fork, which is in Baltimore County, touched down about 3:20 p.m. with estimated maximum winds of 80 mph.
In Baltimore, the tornado was reported about 3:44 p.m. at Locust Point. The Weather Service says a waterspout over the Patapsco River came onshore. Wind was estimated at 80 mph.
In Coltons Point in St. Mary’s County, a tornado touched down about 9 p.m. with maximum winds of 65 mph.
No injuries were reported in any of the tornadoes.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development