GOODYEAR, Ariz. — Authorities say a woman and a child are dead after a rollover accident on Interstate 10 west of Goodyear.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials say the driver of an SUV lost control and rolled into the median about 11 a.m. Monday.
The westbound lanes of I-10 were closed for about an hour as medical helicopters landed to help the people injured in the accident.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the crash was blocking the entirety of the westbound lanes and the left eastbound lane.
The westbound lanes of I-10 were reopened about 12:10 p.m. They were closed for about an hour.
The eastbound lane was reopened shortly after.
The crash happened near Watson Road, just west of Goodyear.
The names of the adult woman and 4-year-old killed in the accident haven’t been released yet and authorities didn’t disclose the gender of the child or if the woman who died was the mother.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix man sentenced to prison for planning ISIS-inspired attack
- Phoenix trial set for man accused of making bomb parts for jihadists
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend
- Why wasn’t Arizona chosen for Amazon’s second headquarters?
- Phoenix-area programs awarded $26 million to give shelter to homeless