BOONE, N.C. (AP) – The Boone motel where three people died from carbon monoxide poisoning has been cleared to reopen.
The Charlotte Observer reports (
http://bit.ly/19a0BFE) that a limited certificate of occupancy was issued Thursday to the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza.
Daryl Dean Jenkins and Shirley Mae Jenkins of Washington state died at the motel on April 16. Several weeks later, 11-year-old Jeffrey Lee Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died in the same room.
All three guests died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Officials have blamed a faulty pool heater for sending lethal levels of carbon monoxide into the room.
The motel is currently for sale. Building inspector Todd Miller says the room where the deaths occurred won’t be used.
Information from: The Charlotte Observer,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)