(AP) – Key moments in a shooting rampage Friday that killed at least four people in Santa Monica, Calif., before a gunman was shot and killed by police in a college library. Based on reports from witnesses, police, and fire, college and hospital officials.
_ At 11:52 a.m. PDT, firefighters respond to a blaze at a house about a mile from Santa Monica College. Two people are eventually found dead in the burned house. Two officials tell The Associated Press the victims are the gunman’s father and brother.
_ The gunman shoots and injures one person driving by, then carjacks another vehicle, having a woman give him a ride at gunpoint.
_ The gunman shoots at a public bus at a nearby intersection, leaving three people with minor injuries.
_ At about noon, shots are heard around the campus of Santa Monica College. The campus and two nearby schools are locked down. Witnesses see a man dressed in black wearing cargo pants and a ballistic vest shoot at a red SUV with a semi-automatic rifle. The driver is hit in the torso and the car accelerates across the street into a wall. The driver dies. One passenger is critically injured.
_ The gunman exchanges gunfire with college and city police. He moves on to the 38-acre campus, making his way toward the library.
_ The gunman shoots a woman outside the library. She dies about three hours later at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
_ Shortly after noon, the suspect walks into the library, where he exchanges gunfire with police and is wounded. He is carried to a sidewalk, where he dies.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon