(AP) – Key moments in a shooting rampage Friday that killed at least four people in Santa Monica, Calif., before a gunman was shot and killed by police in a college library. Based on reports from witnesses, police, and fire, college and hospital officials.
_ At 11:52 a.m. PDT, firefighters respond to a blaze at a house about a mile from Santa Monica College. Two people are eventually found dead in the burned house. Two officials tell The Associated Press the victims are the gunman’s father and brother.
_ The gunman shoots and injures one person driving by, then carjacks another vehicle, having a woman give him a ride at gunpoint.
_ The gunman shoots at a public bus at a nearby intersection, leaving three people with minor injuries.
_ At about noon, shots are heard around the campus of Santa Monica College. The campus and two nearby schools are locked down. Witnesses see a man dressed in black wearing cargo pants and a ballistic vest shoot at a red SUV with a semi-automatic rifle. The driver is hit in the torso and the car accelerates across the street into a wall. The driver dies. One passenger is critically injured.
_ The gunman exchanges gunfire with college and city police. He moves on to the 38-acre campus, making his way toward the library.
_ The gunman shoots a woman outside the library. She dies about three hours later at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
_ Shortly after noon, the suspect walks into the library, where he exchanges gunfire with police and is wounded. He is carried to a sidewalk, where he dies.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.