SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (AP) – Want to buy a piece of a nuclear power plant?
Parts and machinery from the closed San Onofre nuclear generating facility are going on the auction block.
The Orange County Register (
http://bit.ly/1gTTOlS) says operator Southern California Edison plans to hold the sale in late March.
The seaside plant between San Diego and Los Angeles has been closed since 2012, when unusual damage was found in tubes that carried radioactive water. Edison shuttered the plant for good last year.
As part of the decommissioning process, the utility is selling off automated manufacturing systems as well as new parts and equipment used to make sheet and heavy metal. None of the items had contact with radioactive material.
Buyers can bid in person at the plant or by webcast.
Information from: The Orange County Register,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development