SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (AP) – Want to buy a piece of a nuclear power plant?
Parts and machinery from the closed San Onofre nuclear generating facility are going on the auction block.
The Orange County Register (
http://bit.ly/1gTTOlS) says operator Southern California Edison plans to hold the sale in late March.
The seaside plant between San Diego and Los Angeles has been closed since 2012, when unusual damage was found in tubes that carried radioactive water. Edison shuttered the plant for good last year.
As part of the decommissioning process, the utility is selling off automated manufacturing systems as well as new parts and equipment used to make sheet and heavy metal. None of the items had contact with radioactive material.
Buyers can bid in person at the plant or by webcast.
Information from: The Orange County Register,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets