We’ve all been there.
You’re reading — out loud, to yourself, whatever — and see a word you don’t know how to pronounce. You go ahead and attempt to sound it out, butchering it the whole time.
As a kid this is cute, and your parents will always remind you which words you said with a lisp for the first couple years of your life.
In one of “America’s Funniest Home Videos,” a particular little boy seems to have learned a way around this rite of passage, and it is hilarious.
In the video, the boy carefully spells out the names of various animals that his parents are showing him in a picture book. He gets almost every letter right. Good on him.
However, when his parents ask him to say the name of an animal, the results are … let’s just say amusingly incorrect.
- Report: 90 percent of Maricopa County shelter animals find new homes
- Too much screen time for kids can lead to speech development delays
- Explorer documents month-long journey at sea in YouTube video
- Phoenix police release video from protest outside Trump rally
- Texas man shown on video fishing in home flooded by Hurricane Harvey