We’ve all been there.
You’re reading — out loud, to yourself, whatever — and see a word you don’t know how to pronounce. You go ahead and attempt to sound it out, butchering it the whole time.
As a kid this is cute, and your parents will always remind you which words you said with a lisp for the first couple years of your life.
In one of “America’s Funniest Home Videos,” a particular little boy seems to have learned a way around this rite of passage, and it is hilarious.
In the video, the boy carefully spells out the names of various animals that his parents are showing him in a picture book. He gets almost every letter right. Good on him.
However, when his parents ask him to say the name of an animal, the results are … let’s just say amusingly incorrect.
- Arizona parks well-suited for families looking to take a last-minute vacation
- With storms coming, Arizona firefighters rescue dog from drain
- Police release video of Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim’s DUI arrest
- Former NAZ Suns assistant found dead in Phoenix, posted farewell video
- See spectacular images of enormous dust walls in Arizona