Dealing with a chronic illness can take a toll on a child.
Room For Joy tries to take away some of that stress and transport children to worlds they have only ever dreamed of.
The nonprofit organization turns children’s recovery rooms into wonderlands, disguising medical equipment and designing each room around a child’s interests and medical needs.
The company works on both in-patient and out-patient rooms and turns them into anything from a sports stadium to a fairy tale castle.
You can help create one of these rooms by donating or volunteering.
- New zip line gives visitors a thrilling view of the Grand Canyon
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Arizona plan to combat opioids would limit dosages, amounts
- Arizona has just 21 foster families for refugee children
- Joe Arpaio files appeal to undo contempt of court conviction