Dealing with a chronic illness can take a toll on a child.
Room For Joy tries to take away some of that stress and transport children to worlds they have only ever dreamed of.
The nonprofit organization turns children’s recovery rooms into wonderlands, disguising medical equipment and designing each room around a child’s interests and medical needs.
The company works on both in-patient and out-patient rooms and turns them into anything from a sports stadium to a fairy tale castle.
You can help create one of these rooms by donating or volunteering.
- Ottawa University to build $6M athletic center on its Surprise campus
- Most drinking water sources in Arizona public schools have no lead
- Ballet Arizona’s ‘The Nutcracker’ considered among best in nation
- Kids who are stubborn with food may be more than just ‘picky eaters’
- Navajo Nation: Trump’s national monument proposal a ‘slap in the face’