Dealing with a chronic illness can take a toll on a child.
Room For Joy tries to take away some of that stress and transport children to worlds they have only ever dreamed of.
The nonprofit organization turns children’s recovery rooms into wonderlands, disguising medical equipment and designing each room around a child’s interests and medical needs.
The company works on both in-patient and out-patient rooms and turns them into anything from a sports stadium to a fairy tale castle.
You can help create one of these rooms by donating or volunteering.
- Trust in self-driving vehicles falls after accidents like ones in Arizona
- Phoenix forum empowers local women with presentations, discussion
- Phoenix to sue feds over proposed citizenship question on Census
- Arizona gun control activists call for action at Monday night vigil
- Scottsdale is best city in nation to get a summer job, analysis shows