Dealing with a chronic illness can take a toll on a child.
Room For Joy tries to take away some of that stress and transport children to worlds they have only ever dreamed of.
The nonprofit organization turns children’s recovery rooms into wonderlands, disguising medical equipment and designing each room around a child’s interests and medical needs.
The company works on both in-patient and out-patient rooms and turns them into anything from a sports stadium to a fairy tale castle.
You can help create one of these rooms by donating or volunteering.
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade
- Federal officials are working to target sexual harassment in Arizona Tribes
- Three cities in Arizona earn top ranks for advancing LGBT rights
- Off Central: Guitar-making school puts Phoenix on musical maps
- Unemployment rate in Arizona drops to 4.7 percent in September