EPHRATAH, N.Y. (AP) – Officials have confirmed the body of a cancer patient who was in a small plane crash last month in upstate New York has been found.
Authorities told local media outlets an autopsy Thursday determined remains found Wednesday near an ice cream stand a mile from the main wreck site are those of 64-year-old Frank Amerosa.
Amerosa was on the Angel Flight with his 58-year-old wife Evelyn. They were returning to Rome, N.Y., after treatment in the Boston area when the plane crashed west of Albany in rural Ephratah on May 24.
The bodies of Evelyn Amerosa and 70-year-old volunteer pilot John Campbell of Stamford, Conn., were found the next day.
A preliminary federal aviation safety report says the plane broke up in flight. The cause remains under investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy