EPHRATAH, N.Y. (AP) – Officials have confirmed the body of a cancer patient who was in a small plane crash last month in upstate New York has been found.
Authorities told local media outlets an autopsy Thursday determined remains found Wednesday near an ice cream stand a mile from the main wreck site are those of 64-year-old Frank Amerosa.
Amerosa was on the Angel Flight with his 58-year-old wife Evelyn. They were returning to Rome, N.Y., after treatment in the Boston area when the plane crashed west of Albany in rural Ephratah on May 24.
The bodies of Evelyn Amerosa and 70-year-old volunteer pilot John Campbell of Stamford, Conn., were found the next day.
A preliminary federal aviation safety report says the plane broke up in flight. The cause remains under investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development