Several freeways in the Phoenix-area are going to lane or ramp closures from July 8-11, the Arizona Department of Transportation announced.
ADOT recommends drivers allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes when planning to drive this weekend.
The affected areas from the advisory are thus:
- Southbound Loop 101 will be closed between McDonald Drive and McKellips Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, while the on-ramps at Via De Ventura and Indian Bend Road will also be closed. Southbound Loop 101 to eastbound Interstate 10 and the eastbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 101 will be closed
- Eastbound I-10 will be closed between 99th and 83rd avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to 12 p.m. Saturday, while the on-ramps at Avondale Boulevard and 107th Avenue are closed.
- Westbound I-10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 in Goodyear will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Northbound Loop 303 between the I-10 interchange and Thomas Road will have its left lane closed.
- Grand Avenue (U.S. 60) will be narrowed to one lane in both directions between Dysart and Litchfield roads in Surprise from 8 p.m. Friday to 12 p.m. Sunday.
- Interstate 17 will be closed intermittently overnight (up to 15 minutes each time) from 11 p.m. Saturday to 1:30 a.m. Sunday. Southbound I-17 on-ramp at Dunlap Avenue and northbound on-ramp at Northern Avenue will be closed starting at 10 p.m. Saturday.
Additional freeway restriction information will be posted here, under ADOT News.