Most couples usually have a great story about the first time they met each other.
When those couples end up becoming spouses, a lot of times those stories include sayings such as, “It was love at first sight,” or maybe, “I knew she was the one the first time I saw her.”
Well, Stephen Colbert of “The Late Show” on CBS is no different.
In Colbert’s question and answer segment of the show, one fan asked how Colbert knew his wife, Evelyn, was “the one.”
Colbert proceeded to tell a bizarre story about how he went home to Charleston, South Carolina, to get advice from his mom about marrying a completely different woman.
He got his mom’s advice, which then led to them going to a festival, and the next thing he knew he was talking to his future wife and the poet Chuck Sullivan’s son.
Let’s just say the rest is just one of those stories that great couples have.
Check out the video here.
- Downtown Donut Festival to be held in Phoenix in November
- Former Tempe judge sentenced to four months for stabbing wife 10 times
- Ex-Cardinals kicker Jay Feely selling Phoenix-area home for $2.65 million
- UofA study finds marriage can prevent heart attack, stroke
- Ex-Tempe judge pleads guilty to stabbing his wife last year