Most couples usually have a great story about the first time they met each other.
When those couples end up becoming spouses, a lot of times those stories include sayings such as, “It was love at first sight,” or maybe, “I knew she was the one the first time I saw her.”
Well, Stephen Colbert of “The Late Show” on CBS is no different.
In Colbert’s question and answer segment of the show, one fan asked how Colbert knew his wife, Evelyn, was “the one.”
Colbert proceeded to tell a bizarre story about how he went home to Charleston, South Carolina, to get advice from his mom about marrying a completely different woman.
He got his mom’s advice, which then led to them going to a festival, and the next thing he knew he was talking to his future wife and the poet Chuck Sullivan’s son.
Let’s just say the rest is just one of those stories that great couples have.
Check out the video here.
- ‘Veep’ and ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ win top Emmy Award prizes
- Politics and Sean Spicer take center stage at Emmy Awards
- Phoenix’s Lost Lake Festival to feature dozens of local eateries, breweries
- Wife says Arizona politician Wil Cardon, 46, died of suicide
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later