Most couples usually have a great story about the first time they met each other.
When those couples end up becoming spouses, a lot of times those stories include sayings such as, “It was love at first sight,” or maybe, “I knew she was the one the first time I saw her.”
Well, Stephen Colbert of “The Late Show” on CBS is no different.
In Colbert’s question and answer segment of the show, one fan asked how Colbert knew his wife, Evelyn, was “the one.”
Colbert proceeded to tell a bizarre story about how he went home to Charleston, South Carolina, to get advice from his mom about marrying a completely different woman.
He got his mom’s advice, which then led to them going to a festival, and the next thing he knew he was talking to his future wife and the poet Chuck Sullivan’s son.
Let’s just say the rest is just one of those stories that great couples have.
Check out the video here.
- Colbert goes back to Washington, D.C., steals Flake’s Senate office rug
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Trump Jr.’s wife in hospital after opening envelope with white powder
- Theme, details announced for 2018 Phoenix Pride Festival and Parade
- Man accused of killing wife and daughter in Pima County