Most couples usually have a great story about the first time they met each other.
When those couples end up becoming spouses, a lot of times those stories include sayings such as, “It was love at first sight,” or maybe, “I knew she was the one the first time I saw her.”
Well, Stephen Colbert of “The Late Show” on CBS is no different.
In Colbert’s question and answer segment of the show, one fan asked how Colbert knew his wife, Evelyn, was “the one.”
Colbert proceeded to tell a bizarre story about how he went home to Charleston, South Carolina, to get advice from his mom about marrying a completely different woman.
He got his mom’s advice, which then led to them going to a festival, and the next thing he knew he was talking to his future wife and the poet Chuck Sullivan’s son.
Let’s just say the rest is just one of those stories that great couples have.
Check out the video here.
- Taste of Arizona Festival to come to Phoenix-area next month
- Former NFL player, Arizona resident suspected of wife’s murder in Utah
- Las Vegas shooting suspect may have been depressed, sheriff says
- More than 45K people attended Lost Lake Festival in Phoenix
- Here’s what you need to know about Lost Lake Festival in Phoenix