Most couples usually have a great story about the first time they met each other.
When those couples end up becoming spouses, a lot of times those stories include sayings such as, “It was love at first sight,” or maybe, “I knew she was the one the first time I saw her.”
Well, Stephen Colbert of “The Late Show” on CBS is no different.
In Colbert’s question and answer segment of the show, one fan asked how Colbert knew his wife, Evelyn, was “the one.”
Colbert proceeded to tell a bizarre story about how he went home to Charleston, South Carolina, to get advice from his mom about marrying a completely different woman.
He got his mom’s advice, which then led to them going to a festival, and the next thing he knew he was talking to his future wife and the poet Chuck Sullivan’s son.
Let’s just say the rest is just one of those stories that great couples have.
Check out the video here.
- Second-annual Chandler Film Festival to kick off this week
- Beyonce, The Weeknd, Eminem to headline Coachella music festival
- Viva PHX Music Festival in downtown Phoenix to take 2018 off
- Arizona man illegally sold venomous desert reptiles in South Carolina
- Phoenix-area women, business owners to compete on ‘The Amazing Race’