When it comes to recreation, one Valley city stands above the rest.
Jill Gonzalez with WalletHub said Scottsdale is the third best city in the entire country in that category due in large part to the number of hiking trails.
“There’s really no cost associated with that, so the fact that Scottsdale has so many at really no cost at all to those who are walking them does put it in the top three,” said Gonzalez. “When you’re really looking at the number of recreational things to do, things like public golf courses, public swimming pools, bike rental facilities, beer gardens. Hiking trails as well, it was no. 1.”
She said Scottsdale has the third highest percentage of parkland in the country at 25 percent.
Gonzalez added that both Mesa and Gilbert have the fewest number of tennis courts per capita in the nation. Tucson ranked high at no. 14 due to low average food prices. Glendale ranked no. 30 while Orlando took the top spot in the report.
KTAR’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- Here are some Phoenix-area restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?
- Scottsdale to welcome Arizona’s first ‘dockless’ bike share program
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale
- Main Street Minute: Frontier Air starts nonstop Phoenix-Austin service