PHOENIX — Two people were shot dead and six others, including a toddler, were wounded near Phoenix late Monday.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office was investigating the shooting at a mobile home park close to 39th and Southern avenues in Laveen.
The MCSO confirmed 45-year-old Armando Cardona and 35-year-old Naome Innis were killed. They said a 2-year-old had been shot in the arm and was taken to a hospital in stable condition. Three other survivors were also children, who were taken to a hospital. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
Laveen is about eight miles southwest of downtown Phoenix.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Arizona plan to combat opioids would limit dosages, amounts
- Arizona has just 21 foster families for refugee children
- Joe Arpaio files appeal to undo contempt of court conviction
- Families of Florence children exposed to tear gas file lawsuit against state