PHOENIX — Two people were shot dead and six others, including a toddler, were wounded near Phoenix late Monday.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office was investigating the shooting at a mobile home park close to 39th and Southern avenues in Laveen.
The MCSO confirmed 45-year-old Armando Cardona and 35-year-old Naome Innis were killed. They said a 2-year-old had been shot in the arm and was taken to a hospital in stable condition. Three other survivors were also children, who were taken to a hospital. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
Laveen is about eight miles southwest of downtown Phoenix.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail
- Phoenix police plan to search landfill for missing woman’s body
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay