PHOENIX — Two people were shot dead and six others, including a toddler, were wounded near Phoenix late Monday.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office was investigating the shooting at a mobile home park close to 39th and Southern avenues in Laveen.
The MCSO confirmed 45-year-old Armando Cardona and 35-year-old Naome Innis were killed. They said a 2-year-old had been shot in the arm and was taken to a hospital in stable condition. Three other survivors were also children, who were taken to a hospital. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
Laveen is about eight miles southwest of downtown Phoenix.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Arizona state senator recovering after collision with drunk driver in Phoenix
- What would it mean for Arizonans if ‘net neutrality’ rules are repealed?
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company
- Here are some tips for eating healthy this holiday season
- Prescott Valley police offer $500 reward for misplaced handgun