Peoria Fire-Medical responded to a rescue call on Calderwood Butte near 91st Ave and Jomax at appoximtely 6:45 a.m. this morning.
A 35-year-old man was climbing the face of the Butte without ropes and fell. Firefighters estimate the fall was at least several stories, possibly more.
The man suffered serious injuries to multiple areas of his body, and was transported to the nearest trauma center via helicopter. He was in critical condition when he was transported.
A bystander discovered the man and contacted authorities, and stayed with the man until help arrived.
- Helicopter crashes in NYC’s East River, 5 passengers dead
- Condition improves of victim in Grand Canyon helicopter crash
- Grand Canyon helicopter crash victim dies, 3 still critical
- President Donald Trump awards Peoria firefighter with Medal of Valor
- 4 survivors of Arizona helicopter crash still critical, authorities say