Peoria Fire-Medical responded to a rescue call on Calderwood Butte near 91st Ave and Jomax at appoximtely 6:45 a.m. this morning.
A 35-year-old man was climbing the face of the Butte without ropes and fell. Firefighters estimate the fall was at least several stories, possibly more.
The man suffered serious injuries to multiple areas of his body, and was transported to the nearest trauma center via helicopter. He was in critical condition when he was transported.
A bystander discovered the man and contacted authorities, and stayed with the man until help arrived.
- Arizona firefighter wounded in Las Vegas concert shooting
- Chandler man rescued after fall at Oak Creek Canyon
- Hot-air balloon forced to make rough landing near Peoria
- Peoria firefighter to receive national award for bravery
- Glendale firefighters to educate community on water safety, drowning prevention