According to Forbes, Bruce Halle, the founder of car tire chain Discount Tire, is the richest person in the Grand Canyon State. With a net worth of $8.2 billion, Halle is quite the story.
He began his journey to success with six tires in an Ann Arbor, Mich., tire showroom, according to Forbes, but the business grew significantly in the decades since the first Discount Tire opening in 1960.
The company had estimated sales of $4.2 billion in 2015 coming in from its more than 900 stores throughout 31 states.
Halle has done much good with his money. The Diane and Bruce Halle Foundation and the Diane Halle Center for Family Justice at Arizona State are two of the philanthropic organizations that have come from his business endeavors.
- Here are five tips for Black Friday you shouldn’t ignore
- Here are 10 things Arizonans should be thankful for on Thanksgiving
- Arizona state senator recovering after collision with drunk driver in Phoenix
- What would it mean for Arizonans if ‘net neutrality’ rules are repealed?
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company