According to Forbes, Bruce Halle, the founder of car tire chain Discount Tire, is the richest person in the Grand Canyon State. With a net worth of $8.2 billion, Halle is quite the story.
He began his journey to success with six tires in an Ann Arbor, Mich., tire showroom, according to Forbes, but the business grew significantly in the decades since the first Discount Tire opening in 1960.
The company had estimated sales of $4.2 billion in 2015 coming in from its more than 900 stores throughout 31 states.
Halle has done much good with his money. The Diane and Bruce Halle Foundation and the Diane Halle Center for Family Justice at Arizona State are two of the philanthropic organizations that have come from his business endeavors.
- McSally voices opposition to decision to disband Marana-based battalion
- Glendale officer released from hospital after being shot, injured
- Goodyear-based cancer center to open two outpatient centers this month
- Inmate at Arizona prison in Buckeye dies; Homicide suspected
- Part of Interstate 17 in north Phoenix reopens after vehicle fire