According to Forbes, Bruce Halle, the founder of car tire chain Discount Tire, is the richest person in the Grand Canyon State. With a net worth of $8.2 billion, Halle is quite the story.
He began his journey to success with six tires in an Ann Arbor, Mich., tire showroom, according to Forbes, but the business grew significantly in the decades since the first Discount Tire opening in 1960.
The company had estimated sales of $4.2 billion in 2015 coming in from its more than 900 stores throughout 31 states.
Halle has done much good with his money. The Diane and Bruce Halle Foundation and the Diane Halle Center for Family Justice at Arizona State are two of the philanthropic organizations that have come from his business endeavors.
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Arizona plan to combat opioids would limit dosages, amounts
- Arizona has just 21 foster families for refugee children
- Joe Arpaio files appeal to undo contempt of court conviction
- Families of Florence children exposed to tear gas file lawsuit against state