(AP) – A transcript of the 911 call placed Monday by a woman missing since 2003, when she was 16.
Caller: Help me. I’m Amanda Berry.
Dispatcher: You need police, fire, ambulance?
Caller: I need police.
Dispatcher: OK, and what’s going on there?
Caller: I’ve been kidnapped and I’ve been missing for 10 years, and I’m, I’m here, I’m free now.
Dispatcher: OK, and what’s your address?
Caller: 2207 Seymour Avenue.
Dispatcher: 2207 Seymour. Looks like you’re calling me from 2210.
Dispatcher: Looks like you’re calling me from 2210.
Caller: I can’t hear you.
Dispatcher: Looks like you’re calling me from 2210 Seymour.
Caller: I’m across the street; I’m using the phone.
Dispatcher: OK, stay there with those neighbors. Talk to police when they get there.
Dispatcher: OK, talk to police when they get there.
Caller: OK. Hello?
Dispatcher: OK, talk to the police when they get there.
Caller: OK (unintelligible).
Dispatcher: We’re going to send them as soon as we get a car open.
Caller: No, I need them now before he gets back.
Dispatcher: All right; we’re sending them, OK?
Caller: OK, I mean, like …
Dispatcher: Who’s the guy you’re trying — who’s the guy who went out?
Caller: Um, his name is Ariel Castro.
Dispatcher: OK. How old is he?
Caller: He’s like 52.
Dispatcher: And, uh –
Caller: I’m Amanda Berry. I’ve been on the news for the last 10 years.
Dispatcher: I got, I got that, dear. (Unintelligible) And, you say, what was his name again?
Caller: Uh, Ariel Castro.
Dispatcher: And is he white, black or Hispanic?
Caller: Uh, Hispanic.
Dispatcher: What’s he wearing?
Caller (agitated): I don’t know, ’cause he’s not here right now. That’s why I ran away.
Dispatcher: When he left, what was he wearing?
Caller: Who knows (unintelligible).
Dispatcher: The police are on their way; talk to them when they get there.
Caller: Huh? I – OK.
Dispatcher: I told you they’re on their way; talk to them when they get there, OK.
Caller: All right, OK. Bye.
Source: Cleveland law department
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier