(AP) – A transcript of the 911 call placed Monday by a woman missing since 2003, when she was 16.
Caller: Help me. I’m Amanda Berry.
Dispatcher: You need police, fire, ambulance?
Caller: I need police.
Dispatcher: OK, and what’s going on there?
Caller: I’ve been kidnapped and I’ve been missing for 10 years, and I’m, I’m here, I’m free now.
Dispatcher: OK, and what’s your address?
Caller: 2207 Seymour Avenue.
Dispatcher: 2207 Seymour. Looks like you’re calling me from 2210.
Dispatcher: Looks like you’re calling me from 2210.
Caller: I can’t hear you.
Dispatcher: Looks like you’re calling me from 2210 Seymour.
Caller: I’m across the street; I’m using the phone.
Dispatcher: OK, stay there with those neighbors. Talk to police when they get there.
Dispatcher: OK, talk to police when they get there.
Caller: OK. Hello?
Dispatcher: OK, talk to the police when they get there.
Caller: OK (unintelligible).
Dispatcher: We’re going to send them as soon as we get a car open.
Caller: No, I need them now before he gets back.
Dispatcher: All right; we’re sending them, OK?
Caller: OK, I mean, like …
Dispatcher: Who’s the guy you’re trying — who’s the guy who went out?
Caller: Um, his name is Ariel Castro.
Dispatcher: OK. How old is he?
Caller: He’s like 52.
Dispatcher: And, uh –
Caller: I’m Amanda Berry. I’ve been on the news for the last 10 years.
Dispatcher: I got, I got that, dear. (Unintelligible) And, you say, what was his name again?
Caller: Uh, Ariel Castro.
Dispatcher: And is he white, black or Hispanic?
Caller: Uh, Hispanic.
Dispatcher: What’s he wearing?
Caller (agitated): I don’t know, ’cause he’s not here right now. That’s why I ran away.
Dispatcher: When he left, what was he wearing?
Caller: Who knows (unintelligible).
Dispatcher: The police are on their way; talk to them when they get there.
Caller: Huh? I – OK.
Dispatcher: I told you they’re on their way; talk to them when they get there, OK.
Caller: All right, OK. Bye.
Source: Cleveland law department
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon