CLEVELAND (AP) – A judge says the name of a girl fathered by a Cleveland man who held her mother captive for a decade will be deleted from the public court record.
The decision by Cuyahoga (ky-uh-HOH’-guh) County Common Pleas Judge Michael Russo involves the daughter of kidnapper Ariel Castro and one of his three victims, who gave birth on Christmas 2006. The Plain Dealer (
http://bit.ly/14CROsR) reports the prosecutor asked to have the child’s name deleted from court records to protect her privacy.
The child’s mother, Amanda Berry, kicked out the door of Castro’s house in May and yelled for help, freeing herself, the 6-year-old girl and two other women. DNA evidence confirmed that Castro was the girl’s father.
The 53-year-old Castro pleaded guilty in July. He committed suicide in prison Sept. 3.
Information from: The Plain Dealer,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon