A Silver Alert was canceled hours after it was issued for a woman missing out of Mesa, Arizona. She has since been found.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety issued the alert Saturday night as Kristine Troedsson hadn’t been seen or heard from since Friday morning.
Troedsson left the Brown Center, which is an assisted care facility, on foot near the cross-sections of Brown Road and Center Street in Mesa.
The 71-year-old woman suffers from Schizophrenia and dementia, and refuses to take her medication, according to the Mesa Police Department.
- Two men arrested in Arizona on multiple counts of child sex trafficking
- Arizona parks, trails system wins award for being nation’s best managed
- Report: Arizona D-backs home game attendance up by 7 percent this season
- Arizona poverty remains among highest in nation, despite recent gains
- Violent crime in Arizona rose 13% in 2016, while property crime declined