A Silver Alert was canceled hours after it was issued for a woman missing out of Mesa, Arizona. She has since been found.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety issued the alert Saturday night as Kristine Troedsson hadn’t been seen or heard from since Friday morning.
Troedsson left the Brown Center, which is an assisted care facility, on foot near the cross-sections of Brown Road and Center Street in Mesa.
The 71-year-old woman suffers from Schizophrenia and dementia, and refuses to take her medication, according to the Mesa Police Department.
- Arizona awarded $60,000 grant to help close college attainment gap
- Phoenix police join law enforcement agencies in lip sync battle
- Arizona Senate hopeful kills mother, uses her death in gun control debate
- Arizona ranks among bottom half of states for voter turnout, study finds
- St. Mary’s Food Bank in Arizona gets 35,000 pounds of chicken donated