A man was arrested in Tucson Friday afternoon after an investigation by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force according to the FBI.
18-year-old Mahin Khan allegedly conspired to carry out acts of terrorism against government buildings in Maricopa and Pima counties according to Attorney General’s Office spokeswoman Mia Garcia.
A statement from the FBI says they believe there’s “no specific and credible threat information about possible attacks in the U.S. as we enter the July 4th holiday.”
Garcia also said they currently believe there is no threat involving the individual, who is in custody, and also said the timing of the arrest does not have anything to do with July 4.
FBI Phoenix Public Affairs Specialist Jill McCabe said in the statement that because of the nature of the matter, there will be no more information released at this time.
- Flake takes on President Donald Trump over immigration comments
- McCain pushes for NYC terror suspect to be interrogated as enemy soldier
- Trump ex-campaign chair Manafort pleads not guilty in Russia probe
- FBI searching for three suspects in connection to Phoenix bank robbery
- Phoenix man added to FBI ‘Most-Wanted’ list