A man was arrested in Tucson Friday afternoon after an investigation by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force according to the FBI.
18-year-old Mahin Khan allegedly conspired to carry out acts of terrorism against government buildings in Maricopa and Pima counties according to Attorney General’s Office spokeswoman Mia Garcia.
A statement from the FBI says they believe there’s “no specific and credible threat information about possible attacks in the U.S. as we enter the July 4th holiday.”
Garcia also said they currently believe there is no threat involving the individual, who is in custody, and also said the timing of the arrest does not have anything to do with July 4.
FBI Phoenix Public Affairs Specialist Jill McCabe said in the statement that because of the nature of the matter, there will be no more information released at this time.
- Andy Biggs calls AG Sessions’ decision to fire McCabe ‘justified’
- FBI searching for suspects linked to 8 Arizona bank robberies
- FBI arrests female suspect linked to Phoenix-area bank robberies
- FBI searching for two suspects in multiple Phoenix-area bank robberies
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from past weekend