The Boston Police Department tweeted out Wednesday that it has three more suspects in custody regarding the marathon bombing.
Police emphasized there was no threat to public safety.
According to The Associated Press, police spokeswoman Cheryl
Fiandaca confirmed the tweet but referred all other questions to the FBI.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick told reporters, based on briefings, that the Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias
Kadyrbayev were not involved in the bombings but helped bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev afterward.
A third arrested Wednesday has not been identified. Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev appeared in immigration court earlier in the day.
Tsarnaev is in a prison hospital. Another suspect, his older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed in a gun battle with law enforcement over a week ago.
Three additional suspects taken into custody in Marathon bombing case. Details to follow.
— Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) May 1, 2013
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick