One of the first big thunderstorms of monsoon season hit the Valley Friday, and it brought heavy rain, winds and hail.
The severe thunderstorm warnings began in the Valley around 3:00 p.m., with the National Weather Service providing consistent new warnings till past 6:00 p.m.
After those initial thunderstorm warnings, there were reports of heavy rain, winds and hail arriving in north Phoenix.
The images on social media of the hail in the north Valley came in.
There were also reports of flooding in Buckeye.
The storm even brought a tornado warning to the area south of Buckeye.
The NWS’ latest thunderstorm warning in Maricopa County expired at 7:15 p.m.
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale
- Silver Alert issued for missing 68-year-old Phoenix woman
- Off Central: Phoenix man works as auctioneer for more than 30 years
- Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix to be restricted over Nov. 17 weekend