One of the first big thunderstorms of monsoon season hit the Valley Friday, and it brought heavy rain, winds and hail.
The severe thunderstorm warnings began in the Valley around 3:00 p.m., with the National Weather Service providing consistent new warnings till past 6:00 p.m.
After those initial thunderstorm warnings, there were reports of heavy rain, winds and hail arriving in north Phoenix.
The images on social media of the hail in the north Valley came in.
There were also reports of flooding in Buckeye.
The storm even brought a tornado warning to the area south of Buckeye.
The NWS’ latest thunderstorm warning in Maricopa County expired at 7:15 p.m.
- Tempe City Hall selected as ugliest building in Arizona
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Phoenix airport exploring plan to leave parking business
- Items from Macayo’s heading to auction in Phoenix, Casa Grande, Tucson
- Hula’s Modern Tiki to close in Phoenix, relocate nearby