One of the first big thunderstorms of monsoon season hit the Valley Friday, and it brought heavy rain, winds and hail.
The severe thunderstorm warnings began in the Valley around 3:00 p.m., with the National Weather Service providing consistent new warnings till past 6:00 p.m.
After those initial thunderstorm warnings, there were reports of heavy rain, winds and hail arriving in north Phoenix.
The images on social media of the hail in the north Valley came in.
There were also reports of flooding in Buckeye.
The storm even brought a tornado warning to the area south of Buckeye.
The NWS’ latest thunderstorm warning in Maricopa County expired at 7:15 p.m.
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Phoenix pastor meets with Pence, Ivanka Trump at White House