One of the first big thunderstorms of monsoon season hit the Valley Friday, and it brought heavy rain, winds and hail.
The severe thunderstorm warnings began in the Valley around 3:00 p.m., with the National Weather Service providing consistent new warnings till past 6:00 p.m.
After those initial thunderstorm warnings, there were reports of heavy rain, winds and hail arriving in north Phoenix.
The images on social media of the hail in the north Valley came in.
There were also reports of flooding in Buckeye.
The storm even brought a tornado warning to the area south of Buckeye.
The NWS’ latest thunderstorm warning in Maricopa County expired at 7:15 p.m.
- Second Phoenix facility illegally housing migrant children discovered
- Boy, 13, charged with attempted murder of teen neighbor in Phoenix
- Neo-Nazi to be re-tried in Phoenix death of woman in interracial couple
- Elderly wrong-way driver stopped on Valley freeway during rush hour
- Phoenix police join law enforcement agencies in lip sync battle