TEMPE, Ariz. — A $1 billion electronic materials headquarters is about to make a Phoenix-area city its new home.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Air Products, a major chemical and gas distributor, will be building a spin-off company and locate the headquarters to Tempe, Arizona.
The parent company already has offices at the Arizona State University Research Park in Tempe and will place their new company, Versum Materials, close by.
The new spin-off headquarters will be approximately 60,000 square feet and could be taking an entire 95,100 square-foot building at the ASU Research Park.
Versum’s new headquarters will employ about 250 people and make products for the semiconductor industry.
The spin-off will officially separate from Air Products in September.
- Tempe police: Father, son found dead inside ‘hoarding house’
- Some students won’t pay more under Arizona university tuition proposals
- Women arrested after posting video insulting Muslims at Tempe mosque
- Phoenix Rising releases renderings of future MLS stadium in Tempe
- Green Restaurant named Arizona’s best vegan eatery