TEMPE, Ariz. — A $1 billion electronic materials headquarters is about to make a Phoenix-area city its new home.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Air Products, a major chemical and gas distributor, will be building a spin-off company and locate the headquarters to Tempe, Arizona.
The parent company already has offices at the Arizona State University Research Park in Tempe and will place their new company, Versum Materials, close by.
The new spin-off headquarters will be approximately 60,000 square feet and could be taking an entire 95,100 square-foot building at the ASU Research Park.
Versum’s new headquarters will employ about 250 people and make products for the semiconductor industry.
The spin-off will officially separate from Air Products in September.
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?
- Temper tantrums welcome at new venue in Tempe
- Westbound US 60 on-ramp at Mill Avenue will close this week for study
- Main Street Minute: Tempe tech company is hiring
- Tempe to start own ambulance service, keep private companies as backup