PHOENIX — Many politicians have been portrayed as villains, but would you trust a politician who just dresses like one?
According to the Phoenix New Times, an active member of the Arizona Cosplay community will be throwing her hat into the ring this November for the Arizona House of Representatives.
Cosplayer Cara Nicole Trujillo runs a local comic-book publishing house with her husband and even begun campaigning at Phoenix Comic Con earlier this year.
Besides being a local business owner, Trujillo is a bit of a celebrity in the cosplay world. Her Facebook page is filled with pictures of her dressed as popular comic-book characters.
Trujillo will run as a member of the Green Party in Tempe’s Legislative District 26 in the upcoming election.
Some of the main focuses of her campaign are the legalization of marijuana, LGBTQ protections and education.
On her campaign page, Trujillo shares personal anecdotes to explain her stance on many controversial issues.
So when November rolls around, do you think Trujillo will be trading her spandex for a suit? Would you vote for her to be the next superhero for Arizona legislature?
Check out the gallery below to see some of Trujillo’s crazy costumes.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Kyrsten Sinema again extends lead over Martha McSally in Senate race
- Ballot measure town halls to be held across Arizona
- Zedtown zombie apocalypse challenge coming to Chandler in April
- Ariz. Gov. Doug Ducey: May special election to avoid prior voting pitfalls, long lines
- Polls: If Bernie Sanders wins nomination, he’ll crush Donald Trump