The Glendale Police Department is seeking help from the community to identify a sexual assault suspect.
The suspect is described as an 18-year-old black male, who is five-foot seven-inches tall, with a thin build. He is also identified as being clean shaven and has no visible tattoos.
The suspect told the victim that he lives in Glendale, but is from California. He is considered to be armed and dangerous.
Officer responded to a scene around 9 p.m. Tuesday near the cross-sections of Thunderbird Road and 59th Avenue after receiving a call from a female claiming she was sexually assaulted.
The victim reported she arrived home and got into bed, and then was attacked by an intruder who was likely hiding in the residence. The suspect threatened to shoot the victim before sexually assaulting her, police said.
Anyone with information about the incident or the suspect is urged to call the Glendale Police Department at 623-930-3000, or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
- Groups worry proposed power lines, towers will kill birds
- Arizona is among top states that utilize renewable energy, report says
- Tempe child has tooth pulled by accident using toy car
- Ex-postal worker admits stealing packages that had marijuana
- Valley coach suspended by USA Gymnastics for sexual misconduct