KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• ComTrans is looking for full-time drivers and will hold a job fair on July 1. The fair will be located near 12th Street and University Drive, running from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. The company specializes in transporting people with special needs to and from their homes, health care facilities, schools and many other locations.
• The We-Ko-Pa Golf Club near Fountain Hills is receiving a $1.8 million renovation this summer. According to the Phoenix Business Journal, improvements will include new grass on the course, upgraded drainage bunkers and new plants that are native to the Sonoran Desert. The 15-year-old golf course is scheduled to reopen on Septemeber 16.
• The city of Glendale has seen a strong economic growth during the first half of 2016. The Office of Economic Development has reported growth in four areas: manufacturing, medical technology, advanced business services and signature retail and entertainment. Dozens of business continue to expand and offer thousands of new jobs in the west valley city.
- Jams cause jammed roads: U2 to snarl Phoenix traffic on Tuesday
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Golf entertainment venue Drive Shack coming to Glendale
- Arizona first responders climb 2,071 steps in honor of 9/11 victims
- Say cheese: Two Arizona cities rank best in nation for pizza lovers