FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) – Fort Collins police say they used tear gas to disperse a large and noisy street party near the Colorado State University campus as some revelers threw bottles at officers.
Police spokeswoman Rita Davis says officers were called to the Summerhill neighborhood late Saturday night amid complaints of a gathering that drew about 300 partygoers.
She says in a news release that officers urged people to leave, but the crowd became unruly and began throwing bottles at police as well as climbing on cars, street light poles and trees.
Some media reports described the melee as riot-like.
Davis says that eventually, police used tear gas and pepper spray to disperse the crowd.
Three partygoers were treated at a hospital for minor injuries, but Davis says no officers were hurt.
The media reports say the event drew mainly a college-age crowd after it was advertised during the week via social media.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food