It was early 2009, and one pilot was expecting just another normal flight in his 48-year flying career.
What happened instead could have been a tragic and devastating loss of 155 people as both of the engines failed, but Captain Chelsea “Sully” Sullenberger landed US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River and saved everybody.
Seven years later, Clint Eastwood re-tells the story in “Sully,” and tells the unknown side about the hard investigation on Sullenberger after the flight’s landing, which came to be known as “The Miracle on the Hudson.”
Sullenberger is played by Tom Hanks, and the movie also stars Aaron Eckhart and Laura Linney.
“Sully” is scheduled to be released September 9.
- Luke AFB pilot ejects during crash landing at Lake Havasu airport
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from past weekend
- Couple weds on final Delta 747 flight, plane to retire in Arizona
- Review: ‘The Post’ is the movie you should see but probably won’t
- Tom Hanks helps couple get engaged at Texas book reading