It was early 2009, and one pilot was expecting just another normal flight in his 48-year flying career.
What happened instead could have been a tragic and devastating loss of 155 people as both of the engines failed, but Captain Chelsea “Sully” Sullenberger landed US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River and saved everybody.
Seven years later, Clint Eastwood re-tells the story in “Sully,” and tells the unknown side about the hard investigation on Sullenberger after the flight’s landing, which came to be known as “The Miracle on the Hudson.”
Sullenberger is played by Tom Hanks, and the movie also stars Aaron Eckhart and Laura Linney.
“Sully” is scheduled to be released September 9.
- Tom Hanks helps couple get engaged at Texas book reading
- Iraqi student pilot killed in Arizona F-16 crash identified
- Small-plane pilot makes emergency landing near Phoenix, no injuries
- Nicest photobomber ever: Tom Hanks crashes wedding photo shoot, takes selfie
- Gilbert police and fire departments respond to plane that crashes into house