I went into “The Big Friendly Giant” — “The BFG” for all those who swear by the book — pretty blind and, I have to admit, it really doesn’t live up to the novel.
I think the filmmakers did a fairly decent job recreating the story, but it never really took me to that special place of wonder most associate with the book. I even asked a few people who had read it, and they said it was a bit of a letdown.
The story behind “The Big Friendly Giant” is interesting. Basically, a little girl befriends a giant — SPOILER: He’s big and friendly — and they team up to stop the bad giants. It’s more complex than that, but I don’t want to give up too much.
But like I said, for a movie focused on a giant, it really lacked that magical touch.
- The videos that went viral, YouTube’s most popular of 2017
- Man pleads with Sen. Jeff Flake to vote against tax bill in viral videos
- Bud Light tells brewery to stop making ‘dilly dilly’ beer in funny video
- ‘Only the Brave’ stars discuss playing fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Phoenix museum to offer free admission to educators