BOSTON (AP) – Massachusetts’ chief medical examiner is still working to figure out exactly what killed the Boston Marathon bombing suspect who unleashed a barrage of gunfire and explosives on police before dying during a gateway attempt.
Terrel Harris of the state Executive Office of Public Safety and Security says the medical examiner hasn’t determined the cause of death of 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev (tsahr-NEYE’-ehv).
Tsarnaev and his brother, 19-year-old Dzhokhar (JOH’-kahr), are accused of planting two explosives near the marathon finish line Monday, killing three people and injuring more than 180. A motive remains unclear.
The older brother was killed during a getaway attempt early Friday. Police say he was run over by a car driven by his brother as he fled the gunfire. The younger brother was captured Friday night after a gunbattle with police and remains hospitalized in serious condition.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.