LAS VEGS (AP) – Authorities say a 6-year-old girl is dead after her grandfather accidentally ran over and dragged her as she tried to get into his moving car in southwest Las Vegas.
Metro police say the girl was standing just behind the man’s Dodge Magnum on Tuesday when grandfather started driving away.
They say the girl grabbed onto the vehicle and tried to get into it, but the 52-year-old grandfather didn’t notice. The child was dragged about 40 feet until the vehicle stopped.
The girl, Censere Mosly-Wedemyer, was taken to the University Medical Center, where she was later pronounced dead.
Police tell KVVU-TV they’re calling the death an accident. They say it’s the 35th traffic-related death this year in Las Vegas police jurisdiction.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns