FREEPORT, Maine (AP) – A same-sex couple is getting their dream wedding courtesy of a Maine magazine.
Real Maine Weddings says Jenna Eagleton and Caroline Currie were chosen Sunday from three finalist couples at the Maine Wedding Association Bridal Show in Freeport.
Same-sex couples have been allowed to marry in Maine since December after voters approved a gay marriage referendum.
The Portland couple plans to get married in October in Kennebunkport. The $100,000 prize includes the reception, a wedding dress, tuxedos, rings, flowers and limousine service.
Couples enter the giveaway by submitting a video saying why they deserve a free dream wedding. Organizers say Currie’s father asked the couple to move up their planned 2014 wedding because he has leukemia.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them