FREEPORT, Maine (AP) – A same-sex couple is getting their dream wedding courtesy of a Maine magazine.
Real Maine Weddings says Jenna Eagleton and Caroline Currie were chosen Sunday from three finalist couples at the Maine Wedding Association Bridal Show in Freeport.
Same-sex couples have been allowed to marry in Maine since December after voters approved a gay marriage referendum.
The Portland couple plans to get married in October in Kennebunkport. The $100,000 prize includes the reception, a wedding dress, tuxedos, rings, flowers and limousine service.
Couples enter the giveaway by submitting a video saying why they deserve a free dream wedding. Organizers say Currie’s father asked the couple to move up their planned 2014 wedding because he has leukemia.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains