NEW YORK (AP) – A New York City subway construction worker who got stuck chest-deep in mud for nearly four hours says he’s looking forward to having a beer, relaxing and golfing after he gets out of the hospital.
Joseph Barone of Lyndhurst, N.J., told the New York Post (
http://bit.ly/XqJ3LJ) it got extremely cold the minute the mud sucked him in.
He’s being treated at Weill Cornell Medical Center following Tuesday’s ordeal. He’s in serious but stable condition.
Barone was working on the Second Avenue subway in Manhattan when he became stuck in the tunnel 75 feet below ground.
More than 150 firefighters helped to rescue him.
Barone says the rescuers kept reassuring him. He says he remained calm but did worry who would provide for his family if he didn’t make it.
Information from: New York Post,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.