NEW YORK (AP) – A New York City subway construction worker who got stuck chest-deep in mud for nearly four hours says he’s looking forward to having a beer, relaxing and golfing after he gets out of the hospital.
Joseph Barone of Lyndhurst, N.J., told the New York Post (
http://bit.ly/XqJ3LJ) it got extremely cold the minute the mud sucked him in.
He’s being treated at Weill Cornell Medical Center following Tuesday’s ordeal. He’s in serious but stable condition.
Barone was working on the Second Avenue subway in Manhattan when he became stuck in the tunnel 75 feet below ground.
More than 150 firefighters helped to rescue him.
Barone says the rescuers kept reassuring him. He says he remained calm but did worry who would provide for his family if he didn’t make it.
Information from: New York Post,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night