NEW YORK (AP) – A New York City subway construction worker who got stuck chest-deep in mud for nearly four hours says he’s looking forward to having a beer, relaxing and golfing after he gets out of the hospital.
Joseph Barone of Lyndhurst, N.J., told the New York Post (
http://bit.ly/XqJ3LJ) it got extremely cold the minute the mud sucked him in.
He’s being treated at Weill Cornell Medical Center following Tuesday’s ordeal. He’s in serious but stable condition.
Barone was working on the Second Avenue subway in Manhattan when he became stuck in the tunnel 75 feet below ground.
More than 150 firefighters helped to rescue him.
Barone says the rescuers kept reassuring him. He says he remained calm but did worry who would provide for his family if he didn’t make it.
Information from: New York Post,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns