NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) – Amtrak has resumed service between New York and Boston after rail lines in Connecticut were blocked by a derailed freight train.
The first northbound departure from New York’s Penn Station left about 6 p.m., 80 minutes late, on Sunday. The first southbound departure from Boston’s South Station was more than 50 minutes late, leaving at just after 6 p.m.
Amtrak says commuters should expect some delays.
The Providence & Worcester freight train cars were empty when they derailed east of New Haven on Sunday morning.
Passengers who have paid but chose to not travel because of the disruption can receive a refund or voucher. Some tickets booked online that were not printed can be modified or canceled on Amtrak.com or by using the free Amtrak mobile app.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night