NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) – Amtrak has resumed service between New York and Boston after rail lines in Connecticut were blocked by a derailed freight train.
The first northbound departure from New York’s Penn Station left about 6 p.m., 80 minutes late, on Sunday. The first southbound departure from Boston’s South Station was more than 50 minutes late, leaving at just after 6 p.m.
Amtrak says commuters should expect some delays.
The Providence & Worcester freight train cars were empty when they derailed east of New Haven on Sunday morning.
Passengers who have paid but chose to not travel because of the disruption can receive a refund or voucher. Some tickets booked online that were not printed can be modified or canceled on Amtrak.com or by using the free Amtrak mobile app.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier