NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) – Amtrak has resumed service between New York and Boston after rail lines in Connecticut were blocked by a derailed freight train.
The first northbound departure from New York’s Penn Station left about 6 p.m., 80 minutes late, on Sunday. The first southbound departure from Boston’s South Station was more than 50 minutes late, leaving at just after 6 p.m.
Amtrak says commuters should expect some delays.
The Providence & Worcester freight train cars were empty when they derailed east of New Haven on Sunday morning.
Passengers who have paid but chose to not travel because of the disruption can receive a refund or voucher. Some tickets booked online that were not printed can be modified or canceled on Amtrak.com or by using the free Amtrak mobile app.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy