TAMPA, Fla. (AP) – A Carnival cruise ship that experienced technical issues with its propulsion system and canceled one stop has arrived as scheduled in Tampa, Fla.
The Carnival Legend reduced its speed because of the problem and did not stop at the Grand Cayman Islands. Carnival spokesman Vance Gulliksen says Legend arrived about 7 a.m. Sunday in Tampa, and passengers were off the ship by the normal debarkation time of 10:30 a.m.
Carnival stresses in a statement that the Legend’s safety systems, steering and services onboard are functioning normally.
Gulliksen says Legend should depart on time Sunday afternoon for its next trip, at a slightly reduced speed and with one itinerary change. He says the ship will stop in Costa Maya, Mexico, instead of Grand Cayman because it is a closer port.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.