GEORGETOWN, Mass. (AP) – Massachusetts state police say a bus carrying college students from Maine has crashed on a highway north of Boston.
Police says the bus driver has been seriously injured and is being taken by helicopter to a hospital. Injuries to other people are being evaluated.
Police say the bus was going southbound on Interstate 95 on Tuesday night when it crossed onto the northbound side and went into a wooded area near Georgetown, a town of about 8,000 residents 30 miles from Boston.
State police say the bus was owned by the John T. Cyr (sehr) & Sons Inc. bus line of Old Town, Maine. A man who answered the phone at the company’s office says it’s gathering information about the crash.
A state police car that stopped at the scene has been struck by another car.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever