WATERTOWN, N.Y. (AP) – A northern New York man has admitted he used a baseball bat to smash up a head shop after his son overdosed on bath salts sold at the store.
The Post-Standard of Syracuse reports (
http://bit.ly/XDjs1V) that 49-year-old Dan Avery, of Watertown, recently pleaded guilty to criminal mischief for breaking a glass countertop and merchandise at Tebb’s Headshop in his hometown.
Avery says his 24-year-old son was hospitalized when he overdosed on bath salts the son bought at Tebb’s. Avery says he went to the shop in July after and “just went crazy” after the clerk showed him the products and how to use them.
So-called bath salts are actually synthetic drugs that can mimic the effects of cocaine, LSD and methamphetamine.
Avery was sentenced Friday to a one-year conditional discharge and ordered to pay $638 in restitution.
Information from: The Post-Standard,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them