BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) – Convicted Atlanta Olympics bomber Eric Rudolph is fighting efforts by prosecutors to seize the small profits from his recently published autobiography.
Rudolph is serving a life sentence for bombings that killed two people in Alabama and Georgia in the 1990s.
Rudolph, in a letter filed last week in U.S. District Court in Birmingham, requests a hearing to contest the seizure.
Peggy Sanford, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Alabama, tells AL.com (
http://bit.ly/16Kjf10) that prosecutors have received more than $200 from LuLu Press Inc., which has stopped selling the book.
Rudolph pleaded guilty to detonating a bomb at a downtown park during the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. He also pleaded guilty to setting off a bomb outside an abortion clinic in downtown Birmingham in 1998.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas