BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) – Convicted Atlanta Olympics bomber Eric Rudolph is fighting efforts by prosecutors to seize the small profits from his recently published autobiography.
Rudolph is serving a life sentence for bombings that killed two people in Alabama and Georgia in the 1990s.
Rudolph, in a letter filed last week in U.S. District Court in Birmingham, requests a hearing to contest the seizure.
Peggy Sanford, spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Alabama, tells AL.com (
http://bit.ly/16Kjf10) that prosecutors have received more than $200 from LuLu Press Inc., which has stopped selling the book.
Rudolph pleaded guilty to detonating a bomb at a downtown park during the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. He also pleaded guilty to setting off a bomb outside an abortion clinic in downtown Birmingham in 1998.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees