PALM CITY, Fla. (AP) – Federal Aviation Administration officials say they’re investigating three more apparent breaches of the no-fly zone above President Barack Obama’s vacation spot along Florida’s Atlantic coastline.
According to the FAA, a Lancair 320 allegedly entered the temporarily restricted airspace Saturday afternoon. The plane was flying from Boca Raton to DeLand.
On Sunday morning, FAA officials say a Cessna allegedly entered the restricted flight area. The plane landed at Okeechobee Airport.
A Robinson R44 helicopter allegedly entered the restricted zone Sunday afternoon. The FAA says the helicopter landed at Okeechobee Airport.
Two F-16 military jets escorted a small plane away from the no-fly zone over Palm City on Saturday morning. U.S. Army Lt. Col. Mike Humphreys said the planes forced the Cessna 152 to land in Witham Field in Stuart.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets