PALM CITY, Fla. (AP) – Federal Aviation Administration officials say they’re investigating three more apparent breaches of the no-fly zone above President Barack Obama’s vacation spot along Florida’s Atlantic coastline.
According to the FAA, a Lancair 320 allegedly entered the temporarily restricted airspace Saturday afternoon. The plane was flying from Boca Raton to DeLand.
On Sunday morning, FAA officials say a Cessna allegedly entered the restricted flight area. The plane landed at Okeechobee Airport.
A Robinson R44 helicopter allegedly entered the restricted zone Sunday afternoon. The FAA says the helicopter landed at Okeechobee Airport.
Two F-16 military jets escorted a small plane away from the no-fly zone over Palm City on Saturday morning. U.S. Army Lt. Col. Mike Humphreys said the planes forced the Cessna 152 to land in Witham Field in Stuart.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever