NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) – A man has admitted assaulting his girlfriend in the maternity ward of a suburban Philadelphia hospital during an argument over what to name their newborn baby.
Twenty-three-year-old Richard Lavon Davis Jr. of Philadelphia pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of simple assault in connection with the January 2012 incident at Lankenau Hospital in Lower Merion.
The Delaware County Daily Times reported Friday (
http://bit.ly/XDTFpo) that Montgomery County Judge Joseph Smyth sentenced Davis to eight to 23 months in the county jail and ordered him to complete a domestic violence counseling program.
Assistant District Attorney Wallis Brooks says it’s outrageous that a new father would push and punch a defenseless woman recovering from childbirth over the name of their baby.
Defense lawyer Gregory Nester says his client is remorseful.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments