NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) – A man has admitted assaulting his girlfriend in the maternity ward of a suburban Philadelphia hospital during an argument over what to name their newborn baby.
Twenty-three-year-old Richard Lavon Davis Jr. of Philadelphia pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of simple assault in connection with the January 2012 incident at Lankenau Hospital in Lower Merion.
The Delaware County Daily Times reported Friday (
http://bit.ly/XDTFpo) that Montgomery County Judge Joseph Smyth sentenced Davis to eight to 23 months in the county jail and ordered him to complete a domestic violence counseling program.
Assistant District Attorney Wallis Brooks says it’s outrageous that a new father would push and punch a defenseless woman recovering from childbirth over the name of their baby.
Defense lawyer Gregory Nester says his client is remorseful.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times,
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise