MIAMI (AP) – A flight headed from Guantanamo Naval Air Force Base to Andrews Air Force Base was diverted to Miami International Airport after a light indicator came on.
Airport spokesman Marc Henderson says the 737-800 plane operated by Miami Air landed safely early Friday afternoon with 144 on board, mostly U.S. soldiers. Henderson says the passengers are waiting for a later flight to the base in Maryland.
Miami Air spokesman Michael Hackert declined to comment, citing company policy.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen says flight 217 was diverted to Miami after reporting a warning from an oil indicator light. The crew didn’t declare an emergency.
Associated Press reporter Ben Fox was on the flight. He says many of the participants in a pretrial hearing in the war crimes case against five Guantanamo prisoners accused of planning the Sept. 11 attacks were on the flight.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development