LOS ANGELES (AP) – The death of ex-Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner in a fiery standoff with authorities has done little to quell online chatter over a man whose rampage against law enforcement created a small but vocal following.
A Mexican crooner sings a traditional ballad titled “El Matapolicias,” or “The Police Killer,” in a video on Facebook with lyrics paying homage to Dorner’s campaign of revenge against the Los Angeles Police Department.
A video game titled “Christopher Dorner’s Last Stand Survival Game” on YouTube arms the player with a handgun to shoot out from the window of a wooden cabin into a snowy, pine-covered terrain.
While most supporters don’t condone killing people, many saw him as an outlaw hero who raged against powerful forces. They even questioned whether he really died Tuesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon